Helen Harrington and Sedge Gooding founded MAD Academy in 2004, Helen is a musician and singer, Sedge is a professional dancer and choreographer. They created MAD to offer funky, physical, educational fun!
MAD Academy classes are high energy, interactive and fun. They are a big hit with children, parents, nurseries and preschools. MAD Academy parties are always a huge success and are extremely popular.
The MAD Academy business model is extremely attractive to individuals eager to acquire a franchise. It is an opportunity to run a successful, child-centred business which offers work life balance, whilst receiving continual support and expertise of the MAD team. Many franchisees have launched successful businesses across the country and we continue to grow.
MAD changed ownership in June 2016 this was a very exciting new venture for Hayley Brabrook-Cherry, whose background is extensively childcare based as well as management and training. Hayley feels MAD is a fabulous brand and has lots of potential. Since owning MAD , she has had three main goals, to modernise the brand, to market in a way that ensures MAD receives the recognition it deserves, to extend the target audience.
To achieve these goals she has
- Provided users with a whole new website. Improving the experience for both franchisees and parents, this has helped to reflect the funkiness of the classes and incorporated MAD mascot Ralph in a new modern style.
- Updated our presence on social media to aim the MAD brand at the correct audience.
- Commissioned 16 bright and funky banners to advertise MAD’s fantastic franchise opportunities.
- Airing a radio advertisement on Dorset radio to share the news of MAD franchise opportunities,
- Provided promotional MAD car stickers for current franchises to support their marketing.
- Researching and developing a program to extend the reach of the MAD programme to Key stage 1 children.
MAD will continue to develop what it can offer Franchisees, Parents, Nurseries and most importantly CHILDREN!!!