MAD Academy Croydon
Hi there! I am Alison Storey and I run MAD Academy in Croydon and the surrounding areas. As well as running fun, high energy classes for children and parents, I also provide sessions in nurseries and children’s centres and can bring a touch of MADness to children’s parties!
The Summer term 2018: April – July
We are now taking bookings for our Summer term which starts back week commencing Monday 16th April and runs for 13 weeks until week commencing Saturday 21st July when we break for the Summer. There are no classes week commencing 28th May, which is half term. Please note these dates in your diary. You are welcome to join us at any point during the term, it would be great to see you!
What can we learn?
As well as lots of singing and dancing to get them moving MAD Academy classes also help your child develop in eight key areas of learning, which are aligned to the government’s Early Years Learning Framework. What we will be focusing on will depend on the age of your child but it might include:
- Musicality – we introduce the children to things such as rhythm, pitch, voice control, dynamics or instruments
- Listening & Communication – we focus on different aspects of good listening and speaking skills
- Motor skills – we use props to develop things like spatial awareness, ball skills, finger control, gross motor co-ordination etc.
- Knowledge of the world – most recently transport, but we’ve previously learned about the water cycle, food, the beach, and even our bodies.
- Numeracy – we use music and song to learn early numeracy skills, counting, or matching colours and shapes
- Phonics – for our older children, we start making them aware of early phonic sounds in a fun and physical way
- And of course, we help children develop those fundamental social skills as we all enjoy coming together in our class and making friends.
Classes from April 2018
|Walkers to Four||Friday||11:15 – 12:00||Selsdon – St John’s Church Hall|
|Two to Four||Friday||09:20 – 10.05||Selsdon – St John’s Church Hall|
|Friday||10.15 – 11.00 – CLASS FULL||Selsdon – St John’s Church Hall|
|Walkers to Four||Saturday||9:30 – 10:15||Selsdon – St John’s Church Hall|
|Saturday||10:30 – 11:15||Selsdon – St John’s Church Hall|
Selsdon classes – Please note as St John’s is a community church hall there are occasions where other users/organisations must have use of the hall. On these occasions, we use the scout hut which is in the car park of the main hall. Please wear old clothes as the floor can be dirty and a little chilly so please bring a jumper!
2-4s and Walkers-4 years classes
- Full Term Price – £5.75 per class. To take advantage of this rate, you must pay for the entire term’s lessons or remaining term’s lessons if the classes have already started. This rate is not available for less than 5 lessons booked.
- Half Term Price – £6.00 per class. For half-term bookings made in advance.
- Siblings- £4 per class. Siblings charged at an extra £4 per child per class.
- Trial class – You are very welcome to come along for a FREE trial class before committing to the term.
Unfortunately, I am no longer able to offer the pay as you go option on a regular basis due to the financial costs of running a class.
Why not follow MAD Academy Croydon on Facebook. Let everyone know your favourite songs, make requests and read all the latest MAD Academy news as it happens!
I regularly run MAD Academy classes in nurseries, children’s centres and preschools. If you would like to find out more about what I can do for your organisation, visit my nursery page or contact me for more details.
As well as running fun and funky music and movement classes for toddlers and preschoolers, Alison Storey and her team are available as a party entertainers. Children’s birthday parties are all about music, dancing, games and lots and lots of fun! That’s what MAD Academy specialises in providing! We are experts at leading music and dance parties for toddlers and preschool children and bringing our birthday magic to even the youngest baby. We also pride ourselves in getting everyone involved in the fun, even if ages are mixed, so brothers and sisters, friends and family all enjoy the party entertainment too!
Children’s party entertainer
Alison Storey runs MAD Academy Croydon. The MAD Academy Croydon team are highly experienced party entertainers and can bring that extra sparkle to toddler’s birthday parties. They provide their special brand of fun and funky party entertainment throughout the Croydon area, including Selsdon and Purley etc. All the team are trained and CRB checked party leaders and will come to the venue of your choice. They will lead the children in a fun-packed hour of singing, dancing and party games and come fully equipped with:
- loads of exciting props, such as parachute and bubbles
- sound system, party songs and funky dance routines designed to get even the youngest child bopping away
- fun games with prizes
- instruments for all to play
Themed birthday parties
Does your child want a special party theme? We’ve lots of great party games, songs and dances for princess parties, pirate parties, superhero parties, sports parties, and fairy parties. Unicorn parties, dinosaur parties, Blaze parties, Paw Patrol parties, Minion parties, Frozen parties, and Gruffalo parties are just some of the themes the team have worked on recently. If there is another theme that your child would love, then let Alison know and she will try to create a birthday party plan just for you! So if you are trying to organise a kid’s birthday party and want to make it special, call Alison today on 020 8407 1726 to find out more about how she can make your child’s party a day to remember! If you prefer to email, you can reach Alison via firstname.lastname@example.org but please leave a contact telephone number. There have been instances of replies getting diverted into junk mail folders. A phone number ensures Alison can get back in touch with you if email fails.
Melissa, mum to Lilah, Age 3
Danielle, mum to Colton, Age 5
Caroline, mum to Dylan, aged 4
Katy, mum to Maya, Age 4
I cannot begin to say THANK YOU enough for such a great afternoon! I wanted more but obviously all good things must come to an end! I know from all the comments made by parents and all the tired faces from the little people that they had a fantabulous time! That was truly a memorable afternoon!
Yashika, mum to Vania, aged 2
“The party was such a success and everyone had a really great time. Benji absolutely loved it. The choice of songs and games were perfect for him so please thank Debbie for all her hard work and energy.” “The party was such a success and everyone had a really great time. Benji absolutely loved it. The choice of songs and games were perfect for him so please thank Debbie for all her hard work and energy.” Anna, Mum to Benjamin, age 3
Anna, Mum to Benjamin, age 3
Many thanks Debbie and Alison for all your hard work helping to make Nathaniel’s party a success. It was so nice to have all of his favourite MAD Academy activities and also all the pirate themed activities were great fun.
The whole thing was brilliant and better than I had hoped. I thought it was really nice how personal you allowed us to make the party and be involved from the outset! So well done on such a fantastic job!!
Karthiga, mum to Nathaniel, age 3