10th Birthday Parties – Franchisees Competitions
Our official birthday will be on 18th May 2015. This coincides with the last week of the first summer half term. Your party theme that week should be our birthday! Please make your parties as celebratory as possible!
- Decorate your room – balloons, birthday banners, party hats,
- Use the ‘Ralph’s birthday’ party theme material on the intranet
- Theme your parties to showcase the type of birthday parties you can offer customers – you could have a different theme each day!
- Encourage more people to come – bring a friend for free to the party
- Children could bring a teddy to party with Ralph
- Children dress up according to your chosen party theme
- Promote your parties during party week – consider an offer (20% discount for all parties booked during birthday week)
- Run some class competitions
On the website and Facebook in the run up to our party week we will be:
- Doing a news item on our birthday parties mentioning all the different popular themes you have done recently
- Promoting our birthday CD which is available for download – giving away a couple of free songs
- Mentioning all your class parties (tell me if you are doing anything particular and I’ll include it)
- Running a competition on Facebook during party week to win a fabulous set of wooden musical instruments.
Your Facebook Competition
As well as celebrating in class, we would like all franchisees to run a small competition on their Facebook pages during birthday week and Head Office will pay you £10 towards boosting the post. View our step by step guide on how to do this.
Your competition should be:
- Simple, to make it easy for people to enter
- Related to birthdays or music and dance
- Within the Facebook rules
- Promoted in class before and during the week – ask people to share it on their facebook pages
- Accompanied by a picture – picture posts do so much better than just text posts, so if possible include a picture of the prize or of Ralph
- Linked to the Terms and Conditions either in your Facebook Notes Page or on your Timetable page of the website.
COMPETITION TIME. It’s our birthday! MAD Academy is 10 years old. To celebrate MAD Academy Reading is running a competition all week to win …. To enter just ‘like’ this post. Entries will be drawn at random on … 23rd May. See our T&Cs on our website (link).
Other Competition Ideas:
- like this post
- post up a picture of a birthday card created by your child
- tell us what was the best birthday present you have ever had as a child?
- tell us what is the best party game for children? And don’t forget to tell us how to play it!
- tell us what is the best birthday cake that you have ever had. Post a picture if you have one!
- tell us what is your favourite children’s party song?
- tell us your idea for the best children’s birthday party theme
- just post a photo of your or your child’s favourite cuddly toy below.
- simply add a caption to this picture of birthday Ralph.
- Our MAD Academy CDs
- A free/discounted children’s birthday party (with strict terms and conditions!)
- I-tunes voucher
- A set of musical instruments, e.g.
- Zippy Mat Gigantic Keyboard Playmat – £18.99 – Amazon
- Chad Valley electric piano – Argos – £6.99
- Band in a bath tub water flute drum xylophone musical toy toddler infant playset – £12.99 – Amazon
- Orff Children’s Wooden Musical Instrument set – £20.99 – Amazon
Facebook Competition Rules
- Ask people to LIKE a post to enter
- Ask people to COMMENT on a post to enter
- Ask people to POST on YOUR page to enter
- Ask people to SHARE to enter
- Ask people to INVITE to enter
- Ask people to TAG themselves in content they are not depicted in to enter
AND you must display terms and conditions including a clause excluding Facebook from any liability.
Terms and Conditions
You have to have these somewhere and link to them in your post. Two good possible places they can be is either on your website page or in your notes on your Facebook page.
Feel free to use the following Terms and Conditions as a basis for your own:
1) This competitions is open to UK residents only and entrants must be over the age of 18.
2) Only one entry per person will be entered into the prize draw.
3) There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4) Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
5) This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. By participating you hereby release and hold harmless Facebook from any and all liability associated with this promotion.
6) If you win the competition, we will notify you by e-mail or private messaging on Facebook. If we cannot contact you or you do not respond within two weeks, we reserve the right to offer the prize to another competition entrant.
7) The closing date for entry will be […………………………..]. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
8) No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
9) We reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible.
10) Winners will be chosen at random from all entries received.
11) Our decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12) By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
13) The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address: [……………………………]